Monday, October 25, 2010

CHEMO DONE!

Hey everyone,

I talked to my mom and dad tonight. We are all so thankful that chemo is done! She still has a week of being sick but it is such a good feeling of knowing that she is done and God willing forever done. She currently has a cold and the prayer request that it doesn't get really bad because of the lack of white blood cells. She is sick and not feeling the greatest but I think knowing that she only has radiation left is making it easier to handle.

You all are great and such a blessing. It's hard being away but it is so nice to know that there are so many people back home looking out for my family and for the people everywhere who are praying.

A million thanks,
Allysa

PS Mom you may feel fat and bald but you are the most beautiful bald lady I have ever seen and I am blessed to have you as a mom.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, your Mom is a beautiful person and absolutely amazing to boot. Her attitude is an example for us all.

    We are so glad that chemo is done. hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I am glad you were able to still get it! I will continue to pray! It was so great talking to you on Sunday (Bonnie...not Allysa...although it would be great to talk to Allysa as well!) I took your Thank You card to school on Monday and read it to both classes. They were so excited! We might have to figure out a way to video tape an Art lesson or something! I know they would LOVE that :)
    Hang in there! I'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful for answered prayers. I can tell you that steroid weight does come off when the steroids stop--it is slow, but it will happen and your hair will grow back--maybe even curly! Thank you for being so willing to share the trials and the joys as the Lord leads you through the fire.

    ReplyDelete