Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday 10/10/10

Hi Everyone,
Thank you, thank you for all the prayers. Although I got sick on the first day of treatment, I began to feel better earlier. PTL! I would describe this session as a bad case of the flu but I wasn't looking for a shot gun. Due to my body's response to chemo my doc decreased the amount of chemo I received. I think that is why I didn't get as sick.

Thank you Dori, Diana, and Arika for visiting with me during chemo.

Please pray for Wednesday as they are going to run some tests on my liver. My liver enzymes have been increasingly elevated since chemo began.

As Allysa mentioned my feet, liver and brain are taking the brunt of my treatment besides the usual stomach problems. My Doc is concerned about long term effects from the chemo and is cautious about the last treatment. To increase the likelihood of curing this disease it is important I finish the treatment. I would appreciate prayer that I will be able to finish my last chemo on Monday October 25th. Part of me wishes I could skip the last treatment but I've come this far- I just want chemo over! If all things go as planned I should start to recover by the beginning of November from chemo.

FYI- radiation will begin 2 weeks after but everyone has told me it is not that bad.

The best part of this week is that Allysa has been here and I wasn't to sick to enjoy her company. She flew from Portland on Thursday and is returning to school today. She is such a great encouragement to me and has been an amazing servant around the house. I will really miss her. Greg has begun the dreaded "Diablo Outage" so it was perfect timing.

Thank you all for the wonderful meals, cards, flowers, e-mails, gifts and most of all for praying!

The end is in sight-Yippee!!!!!
Chemo has truly been and continues to be a season in my life where I am continually blessed
Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. I hope you liked the box I sent :) My students had fun making those!
    I have been praying for you and I put you on our prayer request thing at church again. Lots of prayers for healing and wisdom coming your way!
    I can't wait to see you when I come home for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie...I know that this will most likely happen anyway, but how about if those of you (out there in cyber-space) devote ourselves to a PRAY WITHOUT CEASING DAY on the 25th? In my lifetime (so far :-)) I have come to find that without prayer we steal away time and starve ourselves from God's bountiful blessings. I live far away but know many of you...so would you join me especially on that day. Let's be expectant of what God wants to do...not just for Bonnie and her family, but for all of us. I continue to love how He loves~!

    ReplyDelete