Friday, August 20, 2010

chemo???

Hi Everyone
Well everything in cancer land changes daily. I developed a bladder infection last week that is not easily going away. I had blood work today for Blood counts and urinalysis but I won't know the results until I go in Monday for chemo. If they are to far out of normal range- most likely chemo will be postponed. I would really appreciate your prayers that I can have chemo and my blood work is Okay. Crazy to pray to get sick, but I really want to get this whole thing over with.
Hoping to have chemo Monday so I will be at the halfway point for chemo.
Allysa and Annie went back to school this week. I am really happy for them but am sad to see them leave. Arika, Greg and I are the only ones home and the house seems so empty.

Amy has volunteered to come stay here during my bad days and take care of me. I am so thankful to have a daughter who is a nurse! After graduating from nursing school, Amy tried to get a job at many hospitals out of the area but the doors kept closing. I am now convinced God only opened the door here because I was going to need her. Praise God she works local!

I am so amazed at how many have sent me cards,e-mails, meals, and gifts. Everyday I look forward to getting the mail. Thank you- thank you- thank you!

Last week was a great week. I felt sort of normal. I was able to help a friend with her daughter's wedding on Saturday- it was really wonderful to be part of the celebration. I also taught some art classes and painted a few things. Many have said I don't want to bother you , so I haven't called. Just to let everyone know, the 8 days following chemo I am too sick to talk but the next 2 weeks I am fine to talk on the phone. I can't do a lot without getting tired but talking is definitely not a problem. (tee-hee) Please forgive me for late thank you notes- concentrating on writing often gives me a really bad headache. I don't know if my vision is the problem or what- but I know chemo effects vision and concentration. It sort of messes with everything. I hope things come back to normal when this is over!


I will let you all know on Monday the 411.
Thank you so much for praying - so many answers to prayer thus far... I really am blessed
Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much! I had just checked this 15 minutes ago and there was no post, and then I saw Robbin say on FB something about a new post... so I came back :)
    I hope you got my cards this week, I'm sorry I'm so late on that, I will try and be better at that. I so wish I was there so I could come and just watch movies and hang out. Praying for you!
    Big Hugs being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers continue Bonnie. I completely understand praying for treatment even when it makes you sick. I pray too for your complete healing and praise God for your loving daughters and husband.

    ReplyDelete