Tuesday, August 3, 2010

chemo #2 finished!

Hi everyone- I am home,yesterday didn't take as long. Thank you Dori, Calli and Kathy for keeping me company- I hardly thought about the chemo! The needle went in this time- first try!

The doctor believes my stomach problems may be related to the large amount of steroids they gave me last time- he reduced them about 40% and if things go better they will reduce them more next time. Steroids are mainly to reduce allergic reactions and some for nausea. I am feeling about the same as last time for day 2- a little feverish and mildly achy. Unfortunately day 3-5 were the worst.- you probably won't here from me cause I spend most of that time on heavy duty drugs. Allysa reminded me that when the stomach problems kicked in it was saturday. Please pray that it is not as bad. She asked me on sunday if I needed anything and I told her a shot gun.
Good thing we don't own one.

One bummer is my white blood cell count really dropped so i have to go in the next 4 days for a shot- to boost my white blood cell count. I would really appreciate your prayers that I don't get any illnesses during this time- because I have very little to fight them with. I still have mouth sores from the last chemo and am hoping it doesn't get worse.

On a more positive note- thank you ,thank you, thank you for all the cards ,e-mails and blog posts, I read them all and they are such an encouragement to me. My family, as well as I, have really appreciated the meals too!

I am so glad to have finished 1/3 of my chemo treatments. Still looking forward to Thanksgiving- I should be done with chemo and feeling good by then. I ended up having about 6 good days last round that almost made me forget how bad the first 2 weeks were. I was able to teach 2 classes a day- It was fabulous to do something that didn't center around me and cancer. i was also able to teach Sunday school for 2 weeks- I love my class of 20+ girls -they are wonderful.

My lesson last Sunday was on Faith- I think these lessons are more for me than my class.
Looking at the story of David and Goliath- David had to have Faith that God was going to save him if it was his will. All the odds were stacked against him. Everyone thought he was very brave but foolish. If God is on my side who can be against me?

Looking forward to feeling better in a week or so... Learning to appreciate little things like 2 fans pointed at my bald head- It is great for cooling you off. I really appreciate not having hair- who would of thought?

Love you all
My God Bless you and may you feel his presence daily
Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Praying for more good days this time around--we're "on-call". Colette & family

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you and fighting with you in our spirits. May our gracious God continue to sustain you and encourage your heart as you battle this illness. Your honesty and joyful, trusting spirit are an example to us all of how to "not waste cancer". We love you, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie,
    Our prayers are with you too. We are actually going to be in SLO this weekend, and with think of you and pray for you as we visit all of the old familiar places and visit Grace on Sunday. We'll look for you, but will understand as this may be a rough weekend for you. Love and prayers are with you. Remember that old sign at the Hume Lake conference ground... HE IS... Lee Davis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie,
    you amaze me! What a great attitude you have through all of this! I signed up to have a team for the Livestrong Challenge and will be raising money this year instead of just walking the 5K. Your name will be one of the "in honor of" names on my bib. Love you so much! Wish I was closer so I could drive home and give you hugs and help out! I will continue to pray for you and the family!

    ReplyDelete