Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Promises

HI- everyone this round was so much better. The doctors cut the steroids they gave me last time in half. I believe it has made a huge difference in how I feel for week 2 after chemo. Week one was about the same I just took more meds and it made it more bearable- Praise God for anti-nausea drugs and Valium.
I was able to go to the drive-in with my daughters on monday night- something I could of never have done last time. Tuesday I was even able to help a friend some with her daughter's upcoming wedding preparations- something I truly enjoyed.
I have to warn you- on several occasions I have run into people I know and they have not recognized me in my scarves and hats- I think it's the fact my red hair is missing? Don't feel bad if you don't -I really don't look the same-be prepared it's sort of weird.

I now have my favorite verse for chemo:

The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 1 Peter 5:10

so many promises in this verse 1) God's grace 2) Eternal life in Christ 3) short time of suffering (in light of eternity this time is so short) 4)jesus will restore me 5) and I will be stronger and more steadfast. - I am so encouraged!

God has used so many of you to bless me-
thank you all
Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. Sending you good thoughts & strength, Bonnie! Much love to you!!! - Jill, John, Max & Marco

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear! I am praying for you! Good to see that Annie got to visit as well! I asked her to pass on a hug from me... but I don't know how often she goes on FB.
    In case you haven't seen, I am doing the Livestrong Challenge 5K here in Austin. I did it last year, but this year I am raising money. You are definitely one of the people I am walking for! Your name will be on my bib :)
    Love you tons and miss you even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Bonnie, I love your new chemo verse! That encouraged me!! You are am amazing testimony to the grace of God and His goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie you are such an encouragment to me. I am praying that you will be stronger every day, God is using you in all of this and He is glorified.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little jealous because I think you see Him more clearly than I. Oh the depth of His love for us...in each and every situation. The Masten's love you. Praying as always, Wayne and Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bonnie,

    Bill and I continue to pray and were so glad to read of a better round of Chemo and your opportunities to teach some of your classes.

    I'm praying for the Lords Power to be on display in your life for His Glory!

    "Ah, Sovereign Lord, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your Great Power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for You." Jer.:32:17

    "You are the God who performs miracles; You display Your Power among the peoples. Ps. 77:14

    " I pray that out of His Glorious Riches He may strengthen you with Power through His Spirit in your inner being." Eph. 3:16

    " May the God of hope fill you with All Joy and Peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with Hope by the Power of the Holy Spirit. Rom. 15:13

    Praising God this day for you and His spirit that is seen in you!

    Love,
    Cathy and Bill

    ReplyDelete