Friday, June 25, 2010

2 types of Cancer?

We'll I have been withholding some results in the Pet scan last Tuesday until I had a little more info. Greg and I also didn't want the girls to worry about both cancers, the waiting is almost harder than the prognosis. When a pet scan is taken, anything that is most likely cancer lights up. My abdomen lit up but also there was a spot on my neck. Two years ago I had my non- cancerous thyroid removed , so the thought is that some residual cells have become cancerous. Not really sure yet? Wednesday I had another MRI (I hate that machine)it showed a small tumor on the left side of my neck near my carotid artery. I now have more tests and doctor apps to decide what to do:surgery/radiation/if anything? The chemo/radiation I will be given for the ovarian cancer may take care of the neck too? Please pray for wisdom for all my new doctors to agree as they all sort of have to come to a consensus of which way to proceed.

As for health, I am feeling stronger and better each day and have been able to visit the studio for short periods each day which is a welcomed relief from being on the couch. I can even drive tomorrow and am hoping to teach Sunday School this weekend, I really miss the girls-they are a blessing! I move about as fast as the turtle who crossed the road- but I am moving!

I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

I have been reciting this to myself for 2 weeks-even right before I went into surgery.
Holding on to the promises of God
Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Katie will be so sad to miss Sunday School with you this week as we'll be out of town. So glad to hear you're feeling better, though!Praying that the chemo/ radiation will kill ALL those "lit-up" spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day by day and with each passing moment, strength I find to meet my trials here. Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment. I've no cause for worry or for fear. He whose heart is kind beyond all measure gives to what each day that He deems best. Lovingly it's part of pain and pleasure, mingling toil with peace and rest.

    Bonnie, this song came to mind as I check your blog daily after writing on mine. In my prayers, sister-friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear the news on stage 2. Natlaie says a pray every day for you (as we all do, but hers are quite precious). We hope to see you this weekend. We are back in town. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Bonnie! I continue to pray for you :) I heard my mom passed along a hug for me, I wish I could be there to do it in person! Praying that you have to go through as little as possible to get this yuckiness out of your body!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bonnie,
    We're back in town--if you need anything let us know...

    Colette & family

    ReplyDelete