Sunday, June 20, 2010

I am Home!

Just want to let everyone know I am home and doing great for a person who has just had most of her insides taken out. The girls and Greg are wonderful and Allysa is running the home,work etc. She is amazing. Greg is home all week and will be able to take me to various doctor apps tests etc.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind notes,e-mails etc. I have been totally blessed by everyone and feel overwhelmingly loved. It is truly amazing. The arthroscopic surgery is definitely the way to go I feel no worse than when I had a c-section, maybe even a little better. My doctor is known for being able to do that surgery but wasn't sure I would be a candidate because I had had 3 c-sections and they can leave too much scar tissue to make the surgery feasible. If your one of those people who are fascinated by how things are done she has videos on her web site- crazy huh? ohanlan.com I think she is great and felt totally at peace that she was the best doctor for me. We are waiting on the pathology report to determine if I was stage 2 or 3. If stage 3, I have to return to the bay area for a port to my abdomen for chemo. Please pray for stage 2!!!
Either way I will begin chemo in about 2 weeks. My hair will definitely fall out-BLAH!!! by mid July. At least I don't have to worry about gaining weight too. skinny and bald is better than fat and bald! Not sure how long this will last- at least until Nov....I also will be having radiation to my pelvic.
thank you most of all for your prayers-I will keep you posted when I get new news.
Please continue to pray- I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and he has encouraged me beyond my imagination through all of you. I am very emotional still- but He Has strengthened my spirit. I look forward to the plans He has for me.
I love you all
Bonnie

16 comments:

  1. So glad that you are home! We are still praying for you and will pray specifically too. We love you and hope each day you feel a little stronger. Love, Katie, Robb and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY! Mama is home! We're praying for you in a mighty way. So thankful we are able to be as intentional as we can with the info from Allysa's blog. You are all in our hearts. Blessings are flowin, the Collins Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bonnie-You are in our prayers. I am soooo thankful that your have your faith in God and that you are praying for his will. God was the only way Thom and I got through our ordeal with Matthew. We are praying for a speedy recovery, strength for you and your family during this journey, and that God continues to reassure you daily that he is always with you.

    With love,
    Debbie, Thom, Matt and Sierra Hume

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Bonnie, So thankful you are home and doing well after your surgery. We have been praying for you daily since hearing of your diagnosis and we will continue without ceasing. So thankful for a God who loves us and has us in the palm of His hand. Love, Chad, Julie and kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You're home! We've been praying for you (and will continue to do so!) About your hair... You are an artist, so no one will think anything of it- they'll just think you're making an artistic statement! :-) (Start looking for some really artsy, cool scarves, too!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie,
    I have been praying for you and will continue to--no matter what, God is Jehovah Rapha--the Great Physician--I am praying for total healing for you. Nothing is impossible with Him! What a blessing to have such a wonderful family!
    Love,
    Linda Newberg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still praying for you!!! I will send my hair into Pantene this week... so you call and request a wig :) I love you so much! Praying for the Ultimate Healer to do his work in you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are inspiring. God will truly be glorified through you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreeing with you in prayer for stage 2 only. Know that God will use these trying times for His glory and all our good as mysterious as that is. So glad you're feeling so well! Isn't that surgery amazing? Hardly any recovery issues at all.

    Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie,

    Our family is praying for you too. I couldn't be more thankful that we are praying for "Stage 2"... When I think of the plans God has for you, I am reminded of how you have influenced SO many children and families thus far. I pray that it's God's plan for you to keep doing your (His) thing for a long time! Love to you and your family,
    Heather Minnoch & family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our prayers are with you Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie,

    Glad you're back home. We're praying for you (with an Oklahoma accent :)

    Colette and family

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our prayers are with you too. Glad to have this way of getting updates (so we don't have to call and pester you all!). Hope to see you and hug you in person before too long.

    Love you.
    Mary, Dean, Kyle and Bryce

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Bonnie:

    We are so glad that you are home resting, relaxing and letting everyone take care of you (BIG hug to Greg). You are so special to us and we will continue to lift you up in prayer. I know that He has His hand on you. . . you are His treasure.

    We love you -
    Kerrie, Kirk, Kyle, Korey & Kaleb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Bonnie:
    So glad you have this blog up and running. Thanks to your Allysa. You are in our prayers consistantly. We will continue to carry you to the "throne" even when you are can't go on your own. Praying the best of all scenario's, but know that God's ultimate plan is for our best always. Our love to the family. Wayne & Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bonnie, your spirit and attitude are inspiring! We have been and will continue to pray for you, and for the glory of our great God to be displayed in you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete