Monday, July 12, 2010

1st chemo Done!

Thank you so much for praying. It was not a pleasant experience but nothing dreadful. After talking with the nurse, I learned most people have their worst days on day 3 and 4. I feel like I've had enough drugs to kill a horse...but they worked! Other than being exhausted, I feel great! No nausea yet, YEAH!!! It took 8 hours for everything, and hopefully it will be quicker next time.

Two friends spent the morning with me which was a great distraction- Thank You Tammy and Collette. The first attempt at the IV was pretty painful, but the second one made it in and after a few adjustments it was pain free. I had a really great nurse who works Mondays. So hopefully I will see her next time- she now knows how tough my veins are.

Saturday a dear friend who had similar treatment answered all my many questions, this made today so much easier. Thank You Miriam, I really needed your words of encouragement and experience. My favorite quote was from a 10 year old friend of her son when her hair was gone.
"You don't look that bad, but you don't look that good either." I love kids they tell the truth!
I am going to put it on my mirror. Life will go on. I plan on cutting my hair really short next week and then shaving it when it falls completely out. I was told it will most likely be around August 1st, bummer. I will loose my eyebrows and eyelashes too which will make me look like someone from star wars.

I have been reading about Jesus walking on the water and telling Peter to walk to him. Peter does fine until he takes his eyes off Jesus and looks at the imminent danger around him and he starts to drown. That is me, as long as I keep my eyes looking straight at my loving Savior I am safe. When I look at each test result, surgery, medicines, diagnosis, I begin to panic and drown in the waves of danger. Pray that this roller coaster would be less crazy and that I can remember to look to my Savior.
I love you all
Bonnie
Thank you Cal Poly dorm buddies for the wonderful time this weekend. 30 years! Cathy, Patty, Linda, Lori, and Laurel. Happy chemo day? cute message ladies- it made me laugh!

Edited by Amy...mom was on way too many drugs and forgot words needed to make a sentences understandable

4 comments:

  1. i love you bon-jon!! GOD IS SO FAITHFUL. i am blessed by your perspective on such a tough situation. Jeremiah 29:11 is my life verse. i even have it tattooed on my wrist. He has such a purpose for your life through all of this. I am fervently praying for you and your family. Keep your eyes on Him. Because nothing and no one else matters.

    i <3 u
    Kerri Reyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie you are such an inspiration even in this trying time! I love you! I was praying for you all weekend and all day that it would go smoothly! Glad to hear that it wasn't too bad. I wish I could be there to come entertain you! :)
    If they allow laptops, you should take one with you and watch a movie or episodes of your favorite TV shows. Love ya! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bonnie, Knowing God takes on new perspective when we feel He has taken us by the hand and is walking thru it with us. Wayne and I are praying daily that you will know Him and His love for you in a deeper way and continue to take whatever comes step by step and moment by moment. You have always been a wonderful example of what God can do in a life. I know you bring a smile to those that will come to know you and love you like we do. "They won't know what hit them"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie,
    you're in my thoughts and prayers as you start this journey. You have the right perspective, only 6 months, keep it positive.

    xoxoXo
    juleen

    ReplyDelete