Tuesday, July 20, 2010

finally among the living!

Not the start in this chemo Journey that one would hope for.....but I am finally getting better.
Monday and Tuesday of the first chemo week were only about a 3 on a scale of 1-10 ,10 being worst. Then Wednesday -Friday were about an 8-9. Felt like I had been run over and left to my aching bones/joints etc, everything hurt. Like flu on steroids. Some relief with medications and I was able to keep the nausea to a minimum with great drugs. Unfortunately, Friday evening I began what everyone thought was acid reflux. It was really miserable, after taking every medicine on the market for this problem over the weekend. My doctor really didn't think a fungal infection was the problem but decided to prescribe for it 'just in case' on Monday. It was amazing, after my first dose I began to get some relief and after 4 doses I am starting to feel that I will get better. I am still really weak after not eating much and being in bed for 7 days but I am pain free and feeling stronger. Climbing the stairs to my bedroom is still quite a distance but it feels so good to move.
Greg has been amazing and so sweet to me. If some of you were told you couldn't talk to me -know that I didn't want to talk to anyone, Greg was trying to protect me. Allysa is still wonder woman running the business, the house, and anything I ask. Arika has truly come to my side as we needed her to put her life on hold and help me. It's hard being the needy one.
Today I plan on cutting my hair about 2 inches long... It will all be gone in 2 weeks so I think I will do better in stages. I am not allowed to color/highlight my hair so it will probably look totally gray- how's that for looking older! blah Thank you everyone for prayers,cards,e-mails,meals etc. Thanks also for my amazing gift basket that has had so many things I didn't even know I would need -it has been so helpful-thanks, Darla,Heather,Sandy,Patti,Angela, and Chris

I miss you all and hope to see some of you in the near future,
May the Lord richly bless you and your families
Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. Our prayers for you are continuing! Hang tough, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie,

    So glad you are feeling better after such a terrible weekend. Our hearts and prayers are with you.~Tammy

    P.S. Hair is overrated-its too much trouble anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you and continue to pray for you! Glad you are feeling better! Make sure and donate your hair when you get it cut!!! :)
    HUGE HUGS

    ReplyDelete