Tuesday, July 6, 2010

chemo starting?

I met with the oncologist today. I will begin chemo either this Thursday or the next depending on the availability in the "chemo room". There is actually a room with many chairs where the nurses can observe you for 4-5 hours while you are getting your chemo. For extroverts like me, it might be a nice social time? Chemo will last 18 weeks, 6 treatments every 3 weeks. No one can tell me how sick I will be because every person responds differently. I was told I would most likely be sick 2-7 days-hey morning sickness lasted 3 months maybe it won't be so bad? trying to think optimistically. Today I taught 2 art lessons and went to the doctor- and I am not exhausted- it was a great day! I will let you know more after my appointment is confirmed. Keep praying for the rest of my treatment- tomorrow I meet with the radiologist and the Ear nose and throat doctor.
I have so many doctors ! Thank you ALL for the many cards, flowers, e-mails and messages- I truly appreciate them all, I have never felt so loved by so many- I am truly blessed
Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Praying wisdom for your doctors and peace for your heart! Keep trusting and relying on the immense love and promises God has for you!! Love, Annie's friends who love you! :)

    ReplyDelete